- 150 gm split red lentils
- 1 litre chicken stock
- A pinch of turmeric
- 1 diced potato
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp ginger paste
- 200 gm boneless chicken breast
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- Chilli powder to taste
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Chopped coriander
- 1.Simmer lentils in stock with turmeric for 30 minutes.
- 2.Add potato into the pan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3.Puree the soup and season well.
- 4.Sprinkle the diced chicken with salt and pepper.
- 5.Heat oil in a pan and add ginger paste, garlic paste, and coriander and chilli powder.
- 6.Add chicken and stir-fry for two minutes before adding the pureed soup.
- 7.Sharpen with lemon juice and garnish with coriander.