- 800 g fish - (See notes)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 tbsp Cooking oil
- 2 onions - sliced
- 2 green chillies - sliced
- 3 tomatoes - quartered
- Vegetables of your choice (I usually either use okra or eggplant)
- 3-4 tbsp tamarind juice (See notes)
- ¼ cup coconut milk or cream
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Curry leaves (omit if not available)
Ingredients To Be Blended Into A Paste
- 2 large onions
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 25 grams dried red chillies - deseeded and soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 2 cm slice of ginger
- 4 tbsp fish curry powder
- Cut the fish into individual slices.
- Rub the fish pieces with some salt and juice of a lime. Keep them aside for 10 minutes and give it a quick rinse.
- In a SUNFLAME HAND BLENDER SF - 644, add the ingredients that are supposed to be blended with some water and process to make a thick paste.
- Add 4 tbsp of oil in a wok and fry the curry leaves and sliced onions till golden.
- Once done, add in the green chillies and mustard seeds and fry for another minute.
- Add in the blended paste, season with salt and continue frying for about 15 minutes till the curry paste smells delicious.
- Add in tomatoes and the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- Slowly drop in the fish and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, pour in the tamarind juice and season with more salt if required.
- Finally, add in the coconut milk/cream and top with the mint and cilantro.
- Serve with rice or bread.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia