- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 Onions
- 2 Carrots
- 1 can tinned tomatoes
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 litre vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Basil Tomato Soup
- Heat a deep bottomed pan and add olive oil, garlic, onions, carrots, and chopped celery.
- Cook for 10 minutes on a slow flame.
- Add tinned tomatoes, chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock, rock salt and pepper to the vegetables.
- Let the vegetables simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Blend the vegetables into a thick soup.
- In a pestle, add basil leaves, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon zest.
- Pound the mixture using mortar
- Garnish the soup with the masala and serve hot.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia