FOR THE CRUST
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, gluten-free if needed (about 10–11 sheets)
- 5 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
- 1 TBSP granulated sugar
FOR THE FILLING
- 2, cups blocks cream cheese, room temperature (low fat or regular)
- 1 3/4 cups plain Greek yoghurt, room temperature1 (2% preferred)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar2
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon juice
SIMPLE BERRY COMPOTE
- 1 1/2 cups total strawberries and blueberries (or mix with raspberries)
- 2 TBS lemon or orange juice
- 1/2 TBS chia seeds
- Preheat OTG MONALISA 1600 to 350ºF
- In a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and sugar; stir until thoroughly mixed. Press evenly into the bottom of 9″ or 10″ springform pan, use back of measuring cup to flatten. Bake for 8 minutes; remove from oven to cool before wrapping edges/bottom tightly in foil. Reduce oven temperature to 325ºF
- Meanwhile, prepare the cheesecake filling; using the paddle attachment of stand mixer or electric hand mixer, beat together cream cheese until smooth for about 2 minutes. Add in granulated sugar, greek yoghurt, vanilla and lemon juice, beating again until completely smooth.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mixing on low-medium speed. Try not to overmix here. Stop mixing as soon as last egg is incorporated.
- Pour cheesecake filling onto pre-baked crust in foil-wrapped springform pan; place the pan in the bottom of roasting pan with 1″ hot water. Carefully transfer to the oven and bake at 325ºF for 45-55 minutes or until the middle has just set. The middle should jiggle slightly (like Jell-O) but look firm.
- Turn off oven, crack the door, and allow cheesecake to cool in the oven for 1 hour before covering and transferring to the fridge and chilling for 8 hours.
- For the simple berry compote, bring berries and juice in a small saucepan to simmer and cook down for about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in chia seeds to thicken if desired. Serve with greek yoghurt cheesecake.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia