- 1/2 Kg Potatoes (peeled& mashed smooth), boiled
- 2 tsp Rock salt
- 1/4 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 Cup Singhare ka atta
- For deep-frying Oil
- 1/2 Cup Sour yogurt
- 1 sprig Curry leaf
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 Whole red chillies
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 4 Cups Water
- For garnishing Coriander leaves
- 1.Mix the potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, chilli powder and singhare ka atta into a thick batter.
- 2.Put aside 1/4 of the mixture and the rest will be made into pakoris.
- 3.Heat oil till a drop of batter dropped in comes up at once.
- 4.Drop spoonfuls into oil, lower the flame and fry to a golden colour.
- 5.Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- 6.Add the yogurt to the remaining mixture, make a smooth paste and mix in water.
- 7.In a heavy-based pan, reheat 2 tbsp of the same oil, add curry leaves, cumin seeds and whole red chillies.
- 8.When slightly darkened, add ginger and sauté a little.
- 9.Add the yogurt mixture, salt and coriander powder and bring to a boil and then simmer over low flame till it thickens a bit; stirring frequently to avoid scorching.
- 10.Add the pakoris, simmer a couple of minutes more and serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia