2 Cups Gram Flour
1/2 Cup Ghee
3/4 Cup Sugar, powdered
1/4 tsp Green Cardamom, powdered
To garnish Almonds, blanched
To garnish Pistachios, blanched
- In a kadahi (wok), melt the ghee and add the gram flour. Stir-fry over low heat. It takes about 30 minutes for the flour to get cooked through and it gets a pasty look when done.
- The color should be a light brown. Shut off the heat and leave the mixture to cool completely. If it does not cool entirely, it becomes moist when sugar is added.
- Add the sugar and cardamom and mix well by rubbing it with your open palm against the base of the bowl. Rub till blended thoroughly.
- Shape into tight, hard balls, pressing hard at every stage. At the final stage, keep it pressed a little longer, so that the surface becomes smooth.
- Decorate the top of each ball with almonds and pistachios.
- Can be stored for almost 4-6 weeks
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia