SALTED CARAMEL MILKSHAKE:
1 pint vanilla bean ice cream
1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 cup salted caramel sauce (recipe follows)
SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE:
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup heavy cream
3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon gray sea salt, crushed or kosher salt
For the salted caramel milkshake:
- Combine the ice cream, milk, and caramel sauce in a blender and blend until smooth.
For the salted caramel sauce:
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the sugar and water over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase the heat and bring to a boil, without stirring. If necessary, use a wet pastry brushto wash down any crystals
- on the side of the pan. Boil until the syrup is a deep amber color, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the sugar from the heat and carefully whisk in the heavy cream. The mixture will bubble. Stir in the unsalted
- butter, and salt. Transfer the caramel to a dish and cool.
Source: http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/kelsey-nixon/salted- caramel-milkshake.html
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia