- 1 16 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1 cup panko flakes
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. dried sage
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest.
- 1. Preheat your George Foreman or other electric grill - a panini press will work great! (See notes for alternate cooking options.)
- 2. Mash the chickpeas with the olive oil until no whole chickpeas remain. A strong fork, slatted spoon, or avocado masher should do the trick.
- 3. Mix in the remaining ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon until most of the liquid is absorbed. Then knead the dough for a few minutes with your hands to finish the job. The dough will become thick and strings of gluten will appear.
- 4. Split it into six equal sections and roll into oval shaped balls.
- 5. Place two at a time on the electric grill and close the grill firmly to flatten out the cutlets. Cook for 6-
- 8 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy on the outside.
- 6. Place on a cooling rack while you cook the remaining chickpea cutlets.
- 7. Serve with spaghetti squash and pasta sauce or any other way you like them
Source - http://www.moreveganblog.com/2014/03/23/spaghetti-squash- chickpea-cutlets/
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia