For Shrimp Marinade
- 1 lb extra-large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 13.5 oz coconut milk
- 2 tbsp cilantro for garnish (or parsley)
- cooked rice for serving
- In a small bowl toss the shrimp with the marinade ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- While the shrimp is marinating, heat the oil in a medium size skillet. To it add the onion, and cook for 2 or 3 minutes until the onion softens and becomes translucent. Stir in the garlic, ginger, pepper, salt, coriander, turmeric and curry powder. Cook for another minute, for smoke free use Sunflame Chimney.
- Add the diced tomatoes with juices and all, the coconut milk, stir and bring to a boil. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the shrimp with the accumulated juices from the marinade and cook for another 2 minutes or until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Serve over hot rice and garnish with cilantro or parsley.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia