- 1 whole duck
- 1 - 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- For the sauce:
- 2 cups orange juice (fresh squeezed is best)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon ginger (minced)
- 1/8th teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Couple pinches of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted)
- Preheat your oven to 425° F.
- Rinse the duck inside and out.
- With a sharp fork or a knife tip, prick the skin of the duck all over. Take care to not puncture the meat.
- Bring a medium sized pot of water to a boil. Now set the duck in a strainer or on a plate in the sink and pour the boiling water in a slow steady stream all over the duck. This will tighten up the skin.
- Dry the duck inside and out.
- Rub the duck with a little canola oil all over and then sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper.
- Place the duck in a roasting pan (with a rack if you have one) breast side up and roast for 45 minutes.
- Then remove and carefully turn the duck over so that it is breast side down. Roast another 45 minutes. Pour out any juices from the cavity and turn the duck over so it is breast side up once again and roast for another 45 minutes or until the skin is crispy.
- While the duck is cooking add the juice, honey, ginger, cayenne, salt and pepper to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat a little so that it does not boil over. Boil the liquid until it starts to thicken. It should coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove duck from the oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes covered.
- Cut the duck through the bones into smaller pieces and drizzle with the yummy orange glaze and then serve.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia
1 whole duck
1 - 2 teaspoons canola oil
Salt and fresh ground pepper
For the sauce:
2 cups orange juice (fresh squeezed is best)
¼ cup honey
1 tablespoon ginger (minced)
1/8th teaspoon cayenne pepper
Couple pinches of salt and pepper
1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted)