- 2 tablespoon soaked overnight red kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 inch chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 medium sliced & slit green chilli
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup soaked overnight urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- Soak sabut urad and rajma overnight in three cups of water. Drain it and pressure cook in 4 cups of water with a pinch of salt. This makes the rajma and dal soft.
- Take a SUNFLAME DEEP KARAHI on medium flame, then heat the oil and add some cumin seeds. Once the cumin seeds crackle you can add half ginger-garlic paste and stir for some time. Then you can add some onions, chopped green chillies and tomato puree, fry until the mix turns golden. You can accentuate the taste of this recipe by adding one tablespoon almond paste, which you can prepare with soaked almond. This will make the recipe more creamy. If you are someone who loves the authentic style of Dal Makhani, then we suggest you use ghee instead of using sunflower oil.
- Once the bhuna masala is ready you can add the pressure cooked Rajma and dal, and bring to boil. If you want your Dal Makhani to be smooth, you can grind the masala first and then add the dal and Rajma.
- Then add some garam masala and salt as per your taste. Stir well and bring to boil, if you think that the paste is too thick you can add some water. Then add some fresh cream to this recipe and stir well. This will make your Dal Makhani creamy and delicious. Garnish this recipe with fresh cream and freshly chopped coriander leaves. You can serve this indulgent recipe with naan, jeera rice and tandoori butter roti. Do not forget to add a dollop of butter in the bowl. This desi recipe will surely win you accolades for culinary skills.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia