- 2 cups ginger (fresh, peeled, and chopped)
- 3 strips lemon peel (about 4 inches each; yellow part only)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (white)
- 3 quarts club soda (chilled)
- In a 4-quart SUNFLAME SAUCE PAN, place ginger, lemon peel, and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer at a low boil, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, stirring constantly, and continue to boil until reduced to about 3 cups (about 15 minutes).
- Place a fine wire strainer over a large bowl. Pour in the ginger syrup to separate the solids from liquids. Discard the lemon peel. The strained, cooked ginger pieces can be reserved for other uses like vanilla ice cream or yoghurt if desired.
- Allow the ginger simple syrup to cool before pouring into a glass container. Seal it tightly and chill at least 1 hour until it's cold. You can also store it for up to one week in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, for each 16-ounce serving, mix 1/4 cup ginger simple syrup with 1 cup cold club soda and pour over ice. Additional ginger syrup or sugar may be added to sweeten it to fit your taste.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia