- Oil - 3 tblspn
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Fish - 300 grams (any white fleshed fish will do)
- Onion - 1 medium size chopped finely
- Curry leaves a small handful
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi - 1 tsp
- Tomatoes - 2 medium size chopped finely
- Tamarind - 1 small lemon size
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Oil -1 tblspn
- Dry Red Chilli - 8 to 10 or to taste
- Coriander Seeds / Malli - 1.5 tblspn
- Onion - 1 medium size chopped
- Fresh Coconut - 1/2 cup
- 1.Soak tamarind in water for 10 mins. Mix well and squeeze the juice alone, set aside.
- 2.Heat 1 tblspn oil in a pan, add in onion, dry red chilli and coriander seeds, Roast till golden. Remove this to a blender and add in coconut. Add little water and make it into a fine puree.
- 3.Now in the same kadai. Add in mustard seeds and let them pop.
- 4.Add in onions and curry leaves, add some turmeric powder as well.
- 5.Saute this till onions turns light golden.
- 6.Now add in tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes turn little mushy.
- 7.Add in the ground masala, water and tamarind water.
- 8.Bring this whole thing to a good boil, cover and simmer till oil floats on top.
- 9.Now add in fish and cook for 10 mins or till the fish is done,
- 10.Add in some garam masala powder and mix well.
- 11.Serve with hot rice.
Source - http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/2015/03/masala-fish-curry- recipe-spicy- fish.html
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia