• 2 cups button mushrooms
• 1 onion
• 1½ tbs olive oil
• 1½ cups wholemeal flour
• ⅔ cup water
Creamy leek sauce
• 1 tbs olive oil
• 1 small Spring onion (about 1 cup when chopped)
• ¼ cup parsley
• 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
• 1½ cups water
• 1½ tbs soy sauce
• 1½ tbs white wine vinegar
1. Peel and destem the mushrooms, finely slice.
2. Peel and finely dice the onion.
3. Heat the oil over a low heat, add the mushrooms and onion.
4. Cook, stirring frequently, over a low heat until golden, or about 15 minutes.
1. Combine the dough ingredients until a smooth dough comes together (you may need to add more flour or water, depending on the moisture content of your flour).
2. On a floured surface, roll out the dough as thin as you can (about 1-2mm). Dusting the dough with a little flour can help.
3. Cut the dough into strips 4cm wide, then cut into pieces about 10cm long.
4. Place a teaspoon of the filling on each dough piece.
5. Fold the dough over the filling and press dough on each side to seal.
6. Heat a saucepan of salted water until it comes to a rolling boil.
7. Add the raviolis, a few at a time, and cook for a few minutes (wait until they float to the top, then wait an extra minute).
8. Scoop the ravioli out and place on a plate, covered with an upturned bowl, while you cook the rest.
Creamy leek sauce
1. Meanwhile, make the sauce by heating the oil in a frying pan.
2. Add the spring onion and fry for a few minutes until it wilts.
3. Add the parsley.
4. Blend the cashews, water, soy sauce and vinegar until smooth, and stir through in the pan.
5. Remove from the heat immediately.
6. Stir the ravioli through the sauce.
7. Serve immediately.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia
Adapted from - http://viedelavegan.com/2015/09/mushroom-ravioli-with-creamy-leek-sauce.html