- 500 gm mutton
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 2 cinnamon
- 3 black cardamom
- 3 teaspoon powdered fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1/4 cup grated khoya
- 2 ml kewra
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 cup mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 6 peppercorns
- 3 red chilli
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 3/4 cup hung curd
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 15 gm blanched & peeled,crushed to paste almonds
- 4 pinches salt
- 1 cup water
- In a large-bottomed pan, heat mustard oil on medium flame and switch on SUNFLAME LANCER CHIMNEY alongside to prvent the smells of cooking from going out.
- Add asafoetida (heeng), cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns, cardamoms and whole red chillies.
- Sauté all the spices in the pan on low flame. Now add mutton pieces and cook on medium flame for 10 minutes. Now add some water and cook covered.
- When the pieces are soft and cooked half way, add all ground spices along with saffron and mix well. Cook covered for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add salt along with whisked hung yogurt and cook for about 3 minutes. Now add the garam masala powder, grated khoya, almond paste and kewra water.
- Cook the mutton on low flame till it is tender.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and red chillis. Serve hot with naan or rice.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia