- 1 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- 1 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- 5 cloves / lavang
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- 1 star anise / chakr phool
- 1 inch cinnamon stick / dalchini
- 10 black pepper / kali mirch
- 3 cardamom / elachi
- 1 medium sized onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green chili, slit lenthwise
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup peas / matar, fresh / frozen
- 1 cup basmati rice, soaked 30 minutes
- 1.5 cups water
- salt to taste
INSTRUCTIONS: ( 1 cup =255 ml)
- firstly, in a cooker heat ghee and add cumin seeds.
- further add cloves, bay leaf, star anise, cinnamon stick, black pepper and cardamom. saute till they turn aromatic.
- furthermore, saute onions till they turn translucent.
- also saute green chili and ginger-garlic paste.
- additionally add green peas and saute well. either add fresh or frozen peas.
- further add basmati rice soaked for atleast 30 minutes and saute gently.
- now add 1.5 cups of water. always add 1.5 cups of water to 1 cup of basmati rice.
- additionally add salt to taste and mix well.
- pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium flame.
- once the pressure releases from the cooker, gently fluff.
- finally, serve peas pulao or mattar pulao with raita or with paneer curries.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia