- 1 Litre Milk, full cream
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Saffron
- 4-5 Green cardamoms
- 12-15 Almonds (shredded), blanched
- 2 Tbsp Pistachios (shredded)
- 8 Kulfi moulds
- Vark leaves (optional)
- Boil the milk in a wide, heavy-based pan and then simmer over medium heat on Sunflame Crystal Nova Cooktop, stirring from time to time to avoid scorching.
- Simmer till about half the volume of milk is left. The milk will take about 30-40 minutes to thicken.
- When done, the color of the milk changes to a beige-cream, and the bubbles appear mostly in the center of the pan.
- Add the sugar and saffron, bring to a boil again and simmer for another minute or two.
- Add the cardamom and turn off the heat.
- When cool, add the nuts, saving a few for garnishing.
- Mix well and pour into moulds.
- Freeze at the lowest possible temperature.
- To serve take the mould out of the freezer and prise the kulfi out with the help of a knife, into an individual serving bowl.
- Garnish with vark leaves and nuts and serve immediately.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia