- 1 1/2 cream milk Full - liters
- 2 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Green powder
- 10 Almonds - chopped
- 10 Cashew Nuts - chopped
- 10 Pistachios - chopped
- - 5 strands Saffron -6
- For Garnishing :
- 1 tbsp Pistachios - sliced
- 5 - 6 rose petals Dried or fresh
- 1 (optional) Silver leaf
- 6 strands Saffron
- Take a broad and SUNFLAME SAUCEPAN. Pour milk in it and boil.
- Once the milk starts boiling, simmer the gas flames and let the milk reduce. This may take 30-35 mins or even more.
- Keep stirring in regular intervals just to avoid milk getting burnt from bottom.
- Meanwhile add cardamom powder, saffron strands and chopped dry fruit. You can also soak saffron in a small bowl of milk before adding. This will give immediate color to the Rabri. I added directly so it's completely your choice.
- Once you see the milk reducing from it's original level, you will find the cream sticking all around the pan. Keep scratching it with a spatula and add in the milk. Don't forget to stir.
- Now add sugar and stir continuously till it dissolves.
- Keep scrapping small cream chunks collected on the side of pan into milk (this will make delicious small cream chunks in rabri). Cook for 2 minutes and turn off flame. Let it return to room temperature naturally. Refrigerate it for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Transfer the chilled Kesar Pista Rabri into serving bowls and garnish it with sliced Pistachios, rose petals, silver leaf and saffron strands.
- Your Saffron and Dry Fruit laced Rabri is ready to serve. Serve Chilled !!!
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia