- 4 cups Kaddu (Parangikai/ Pumpkin), cut into one-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Arhar dal (Split Toor Dal)
- 1 Pearl onions (Sambar Onions), Chopped finely
- 4 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 3 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 6 Curry leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (Hing)
- To begin making the Yellow Pumpkin Dal we will first cook the toor dal with 2 cups of water until it becomes very soft in SUNFLAME PREMIUM OUTER LID PRESSURE COOKER.
- Next, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan on medium, and add in the mustard seeds. Once they begin to crackle, mix in the curry leaves and asafoetida. Pour in the chopped onions and garlic, and sauté them well, until the onions turn soft and translucent.
- To the cooked onions, now add the diced yellow pumpkin, salt and chilli powder and give everything a good stir.
- Pour in a teaspoon of water, reduce the heat, cover the pan with a lid and allow the pumpkin to cook for 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Finally, when the pumpkin is cooked, add the cooked toor dal and garam masala, a sprinkle of water if necessary to adjust the thickness and let everything boil on high heat.
- When done, take the curry off the heat and garnish it with the chopped fresh coriander.
- Allow this delicious Yellow Pumpkin Dal curry to rest for about 10 minutes, squeeze in the juice of a lime and serve it nice and hot with steamed rice or phulkas, and tangy lime pickle.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia