Ingredients Of Sabudana Khichdi
- 1 Cup Sabudana (sago)
- 1/2 Cup Peanut (shelled and coarsely pounded), roasted
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Zeera (cumin seeds)
- 3-4 Sabut lal Mirch (whole dried red pepper)
- 1 sprig Kadhi patta (curry leaves)
- 2 tsp Sendha Namak (white rock salt)
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp Hara dhania (coriander leaves)
- 1 tsp Green chillies, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
How to Make Sabudana Khichdi
- 1.Wash Saboodana till water clears. Soak in water to about 3 cm/ 1 1/2" above it, for about an hour.
- 2.Drain in a colander, then spread over a thick cloth for about 1 hour. It is important for the water to drain out very well, as other wise when cooked, the sabudana will stick together in lumps.
- 3.Mix saboodana, peanuts, salt, and chilli powder very well, so that it is coated well with this mixture.
- 4.Heat the ghee and add zeera, lal mirch and kadhi patta. When mirch darkens a bit, add saboodana mixture and turn around over low heat till cooked through. Takes a couple of minutes.
- 5.Take it off the heat, add the lemon juice and mix well.
- 6.Serve garnished with the hara dhania and the green chillies.