- 1 cup Soaked Sabudana/Sago (Tapioca)
- 1 large Potato
- 1 teaspoon Chopped green Chillies (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon Roasted cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Haldi (Turmeric powder) (omit if you don't eat haldi in vrat)
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Crushed red chili flakes
- 7-8 pieces of Curry leaves
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds (omit if you don't eat in vrat)
- Salt to taste (use Sendha namak- Himalayan salt if fasting)
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- Assemble all the ingredients. (Follow the link above on how to make perfect sabudana pearls)
- Peel potato and chop it into small bite size pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, add potatoes saute till they are light brown in color, add peanuts and saute til peanuts are toasty and potatoes are slightly golden brown. TIP - peanuts can be dry toasted too. Move them to the side of the pan, add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- As mustard seeds starts to sputter mix everything together and stir in the spices.
- Mix in all the spices...
- Stir in soaked sabudana and mix until blended.
- Sabudana khichdi is ready.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia