- ¼ cup Sabudana (sago or tapioca pearls)
- 3 cups Milk
- few strands Saffron roughly crushed
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cashew nuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon Almonds chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Green cardamom seeds powder
- Wash the sabudana under running cold water till water runs clear.
- Soak it into enough water for at least 2 hours. they will double in size.
- Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Take in milk in a deep sauce pan. Turn the heat in medium heat. Let the milk come to a simmer.
- And let it simmer for 8-10 minutes or till it thickens slightly. Stir the milk in between.
- Then add crushed saffron and mix well.
- Add sabudana. stir and let it simmer for 4-5 minutes or till the sabudana becomes translucent and cooked.
- Add sugar. Add cashew nuts and almonds
- also add cardamom powder.
- Mix well and simmer for 2-3 minutes and then turn off the stove.