- 28 ounce can whole plum tomatoes including juice
- 1 small white onionpeeled and roughly chopped
- 1 - 2 jalepeno peppersseeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin or to taste
- 1 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 1/4 - 1 teaspoon to 1 granulated sugar optional and to taste
- 1 - 2 handfuls cilantro I prefer 2
- About 3 tablespoons lime juice
Add all ingredients to food processor in the order listed. Pulse a few times to break up the large pieces, then process until texture is as smooth as desired.
Taste the salsa and based on personal preference, adjust as necessary.
Transfer to airtight container and let sit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or 1 day for best flavor.
Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!