- 1 cup Barnyard Millet
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 Potato (Aloo), boiled and cubed
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar), finely chopped
- 1 Tomato, finely chopped
- 1 Bay leaves (tej patta) , torn
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns
- crushed Salt, to taste (rock salt)
- 1 teaspoon Cooking oil
- We begin making Sama Khichdi Recipe (Vrat Recipe) by dry roasting the barnyard millets in a pan till it turns slight brown. Turn off the flame and allow it to cool.
- Then in a SUNFLAME PRESSURE COOKER add 1 teaspoon cooking oil,
- Once the oil is hot, add green chillies, bay leaves, cinnamon and crushed peppercorns and give it a good stir
- Next add the chopped potatoes, carrots, tomatoes and saute until for a few minutes until they are slightly soft.
- Add 2 cups of water for 1 cup of sama rice to get a creamy consistency.
- Let the water boil and then add the millet and cover it for 5 minutes and let it cook for 2 whistles.
- Turn off the heat and allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with coriander leaves and squeeze in the lemon and give it a mix.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia