INGREDIENTS (1 cup = 250 ml) :
- 12 bread slices, whole wheat, brown, multi grain or white bread
- 1 small to medium onion, chopped
- 1 small to medium capsicum (shimla mirch), chopped
- pizza sauce as required
- mozarella cheese or processed cheese or cheddar cheese as required
- some olive oil for brushing
- some dried oregano and basil, as required
- red chili flakes as required (optional)
- prep all the ingredients like chop onion, capsicum, grate or break cheese. slice the bread.
- brush some olive oil all over on the bread slices.
- spread pizza sauce.
- place mozzarella cheese. if using a soft cheese, you can break it and if using processed cheese, then grate and then add.
- sprinkle some dried oregano. you can also add some fresh basil.
- now place chopped onions and capsicum. do not stuff too much with the veggies or cheese. you can add veggies of your choice like steamed baby corn or sweet corn. you can also add sauteed mushrooms.
- cover with the remaining bread slices.
- place in a preheated sandwich maker. do not press the top cover of the sandwich maker too much as then the cheese may spill outside after melting.
- grill till the sandwiches are crisp and golden.
- serve pizza sandwich hot or warm . you can accompany some baked potato wedges or fries if you want with the grilled pizza sandwiches.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia