- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup dhuli urad daal-roasted and powdered
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 Tbsp asafetida-diluted in 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp ghee or butter
- 1 Tbsp safed til oil for deep frying
- Mix all the ingredients and knead to a firm dough with water.
- Keep aside for half an hour or so.
- Heat the oil till a drop of dough thrown in comes up at once.
- Using a press (like a cookie press), press out round murkkus straight into the hot oil.
- Lower the heat and cook till they're light brown and crisp on both sides.
- Cool and store in an airtight jar and enjoy whenever hunger strikes.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia