• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
• 1 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
• 1-2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes
• 2 red capsicums, halved, deseeded, cut into 1cm pieces
• 2 celery sticks, trimmed, cut into 1cm pieces
• 1 carrot, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
• 700ml passata (tomato pasta sauce) (see note)
• 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- Step 1
Heat oil in the pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, turmeric, coriander, cumin, basil and chilli. Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Step 2
Add the capsicum, celery and carrot, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Step 3
Stir in the passata. Increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Stir in the beans. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia