1 pound asparagus, tips and tender stalks, washed and broken into 1/2-inch pieces
2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil or butter
1 sprig fresh oregano leaves chopped
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 red chili pepper to taste (optional)
1 1/2 pound fresh, peeled tomatoes
1 1/2 can (14.5 ounce size) tomatoes
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pound tagliatelle, spaghetti, spaghettini, or fettucine
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boiling, add the pasta.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently saute the garlic until golden.
- Add the asparagus - continue to saute until asparagus is slightly soft but not mushy.
- Add tomatoes and cook on higher heat until reduced (thickened) to preferred consistency - about 10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- When the pasta is done (8-12 minutes for 'al dente'), drain and turn out into preheated serving dish. Pour on the sauce, mix, and serve.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia