Ingredients for Fried Sweet Plantains
- Chickpea flour – 1/2 cup
- Ripe plantains – 3
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Red chile powder / Cayenne powder – 1/2 tsp
- Water – approx 1/2 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Vegetable oil – for frying
Steps to prepare Fried Sweet Plantains
- Heat oil in pan for frying. The pan should contain about 2-3 inches of oil.
- Peel and slice the plantains to 1/2 inch thick circles or rectangles. See that the plantain you are using is extra ripe.
- In a bowl, add chickpea flour and water, mix well. See that there are no lumps.
- Now add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, hing, chilli powder, salt to taste, to form a medium thick batter.
- Once the oil is hot, dip each plantain in the batter so that it is well coated and fry till they are golden brown in color.
- Transfer it into paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Repeat the process for remaining plantains.
- Fried Sweet Plantains are now ready. Serve hot and enjoy.