Idli Batter - 3 cups
Vegetables - 2 cups
Green Chilli - 1 finely chopped
For the seasoning
Oil -2 tsp
Cumin seeds/jeera - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves finely chopped -2 tbsp
- Keep idli batter ready. Follow the instructions and prepare the idli batter as given in the link . Check out Idli Batter Recipe and tips.
- Vegetables you can use - carrots, beans, sweet corn, cabbage, capsicum (all colors) and potatoes.
- Finely chop all the vegetables and keep it ready. Skip green chillies when preparing for kids.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, when it splutters, add all the vegetables, salt needed and cook on medium flame for a few minutes stirring frequently. You do not have to cook it fully as we are going to steam it. Add coriander leaves and remove from heat.
- After it cools, mix it with the idli batter. Take a ladle of batter and pour it in the idli molds.
- Steam for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve with Idli Milagai Podi or mint chutney or coriander chutney.
Variations - You can add little garam masala powder, chilli powder and coriander powder for spicy vegetable idli.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia