- 200 gm (1 3/4 cups) rice flour
- 30 gm (1/4 cup) suji (semolina)
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) yogurt
- Sugar to taste
- 4 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1-2 whole red peppers
- A pinch of asafoetida powder
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2, 6
- 1. Mix together the rice flour, suji, yogurt, sugar and 1 tsp oil into a smooth paste.
- 2. Add enough water so as to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- 3. Add the lemon juice and asafoetida and leave to ferment overnight.
- 4. Keep the steamer over the stove for the water to boil.
- 5. Pour batter into prepared plates, cover and steam for 20 minutes. Remove, cool and cut into cubes.
- 6. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, when crackling add the red pepper, when the colour darkens add 2 Tbsp water, bring to a boil and pour over the dhokla cubes.
- 7. Garnish by sprinkling grated coconut and coriander leaves.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia