- 5-6 cups cabbage, thinly sliced [from 1 medium cabbage]
- 4-5 curry leaves
- ¼ teaspoon + ⅛ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon chana dal, split garbanzo beans
- ½ teaspoon urad dal, split black gram
- ⅓ cup coconut, grated
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 green chili, sliced
- salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds and wait till they start popping.
- Once the seeds splutter, add sliced green chilli, chana dal, urad dal and curry leaves.
- Saute till the chana and urad dal are light golden brown in color.
- Add the cabbage and cook on medium flame for around 8-9 minutes or till the cabbage is cooked but not mushy. Also add the salt.
- Switch off the flame, add the freshly grated coconut and mix.
- Serve with roti, paratha or as a side dish with rice and dal.
- Copy – Planning a party menu? Stuffed tomato curry with aromatic spices for flavour will add fanfare to the dinner table.