- 1 cup potatoes cubed
- ¾ cup chopped onions
- 1 medium sized ripe tomato or ½ cup chopped or pureed
- 1 green chili (optional)
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder (adjust)
- ½ to ¾ tsp coriander powder or ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves or dried methi leaves)
- ⅛ tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsps. Oil
- ½ tsp cumin / jeera
- ½ tsp ginger garlic paste (optional)
- Pinch hing
- salt as needed
- coriander leaves for garnish
- If you desire to boil potato first you can cook it al dente. Peel & chop to cubes. You can also cook potato directly in the curry.
- Add oil to a pan and heat it. Add cumin and fry until the seeds begin to crackle.
- Sprinkle hing and then add onions & chilli. Sprinkle salt. Fry until they turn golden. Saute ginger garlic paste for 2 mins.
- Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric and salt.Fry until they turn pulpy, soft and mushy.
- Sprinkle red chili powder, if needed. Stir everything well and fry just for a minute or two.
- Add potatoes and saute then for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add water just as needed. Cook covered until the potatoes are fully cooked. Sprinkle kasuri methi and then the coriander powder.
- Stir well. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve potato curry with rice or roti.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia