For sugar syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 cardamom, powdered
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
For gulab jamun:
- 2 tbsp full cream milk powder
- 1 tbsp cream
- 3-4 tbsp milk, warm
- ghee / oil for deep frying
Sugar Syrup Recipe:
- firstly, in a wide pan take 1 cup of sugar.
- further, to that add 1 cup of water and get to a boil.
- then simmer for 4 minutes till the sugar syrup turns slightly sticky.
- now add cardamom powder.
- also add lemon juice to stop crystallization process.
- cover and keep aside.
For Gulab Jamun
- firstly, cut the sides of 6 bread slices.
- furthermore, blend to fine powder like breadcrumbs.
- also add 2-3 tbsp of milk powder and a tbsp of cream.
- crumble and mix well.
- slowly add warm milk little by little and knead to a smooth and soft dough.
- furthermore, make small balls greasing ghee to hands.
- make sure there are no cracks on balls.
- heat the oil or ghee on low flame to medium flame and when the it is moderately hot, fry the jamuns.
- fry the balls on low flame stirring in between.
- fry till the balls turns golden brown.
- immediately, drop the hot jamuns into hot sugar syrup.
- boil the sugar syrup for a minute after you add fried jamuns.
- cover the lid and rest for 2 hours.
- finally, gulab jamuns have doubled in size. serve warm with ice cream or cold garnished with few chopped nuts.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia