For the dough
- 1 and 1/2 cups Maida All purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Sooji /Semolina
- 2 tbsps Oil/ Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Ajwain seeds / Carom
- 1 tsp Salt
- Ice cold water to knead
- Oil for deep frying
- For The filling
- 1/2 cup Plain Sev /Thick Mixture (Gathiya) or crushed slightly to a coarse powder
- 2 - 3 tbsps Cashew nuts roughly chopped
- 2 tbsps Almonds roughly chopped
- 2 - 3 tbsps Raisins
- 2 - 3 tbsps Dry coconut / kopra grated
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds saunf
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Seeds Dhania (slightly crushed)
- 1 Tsp White Sesame seeds / til
- 1/2 teaspoon Poppy Seeds /khuskhus
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Aamchoor / Dry Mango Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder /Haldi
- 2 - 3 tsps Red chili powder
- 1 - 2 tsps Powdered Sugar (optional )
- 1 tablespoons Tamarind Date Chutney /Sweet Chutney /
- 2 tsp Oil
- to taste Salt ( be careful, sev has salt, chutney has salt )
For the dough
1. Take maida, sooji, salt, ajwain and oil in a bowl.Mix nicely with the tips of your fingers.It will become like breadcrumb.
2. Add ice cold water and make a tight dough. ( This is an important point to keep in mind. If the dough is soft, the texture of the outer skin will not come good )
3.Cover with damp cloth and keep the dough aside for 15-20 minutes.
4. Crush thick mixture (gathiya) or sev to medium coarse powder.
5. Take a pan. Heat Oil. Slightly saute cashew,almonds and raisins.
6. Later to the mixed nuts add grated kopra, fennel seeds, crushed coriander, white sesame, poppy seeds, haldi,red chilli powder, sugar powder, aamchoor powder, garam masala powder. Mix everything and saute for 30 sec - 1min.
7. Then add the crushed sev,gathia ,sweet chutney and very little salt. Mix everything and saute for a min. .Taste test. The mixture should be spicy, tangy and sweetish. Switch off.
8.Stuffing for dry fruit kachori is ready. Allow it to cool. To make Kachoris
9. Divide the kachori dough to small lemon size balls.
10. Dust and roll out each ball lightly into thick circular puri. Don't make it thin.
11. Put 1-2 teaspoons stuffing mixture in the center of puri,bring its ends together and seal its edges nicely. Slightly press with hand or roll lightly to flatten the stuffed balls .
12. Heat oil over medium flame to deep fry kachori.When the oil is just hot, slide the kachories in the pan.Cook on low heat till lightly browned from both the sides.Remove on a tissue paper and let cool.
13. Crispy and spicy dry fruit kachori is ready. Serve as such or with chutnies. Store in air tight container stays good for months.
Source - http://www.smithakalluraya.com/dry-fruit-kachori-dry-kachori-recipe/
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia