- 1 ⁄ 2 lb fish fillet (cod or any other firm fish)
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 3tablespoons milk
- 2tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2tablespoons yogurt
- 1. Preheat oven (395°F, 200°C). Line out a baking tray with baking parchment.
- 2. Cut fish fillet bite-sized pieces (nuggets). Drizzle with lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. In a bowl combine milk, egg, mustard and yogurt. Mix well and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4. Dip the fish nuggets into milk mixture to cover nuggets with the sauce.
- 5. Take nuggets out of the sauce (using a fork) and let drip off excess of sauce and coat with breadcrumbs.
- 6. Place them on the baking tray and bake them for 10 minutes. Then heat up the oven and broil them until they are golden brown.
- 7. Take them out of the oven and serve them hot with your favorite sauce, salsa or dip.
- 8. NOTE: Can easily prepared in advance and freeze. Follow the directions and bake them only for 10 minutes. Take them out of the oven and freeze them. To serve: take them out of the freezer, thaw and broil them until they are golden brown.
- 9. NOTE: I do not have given the amount of breadcrumbs needed. Sometimes I need more, sometimes less. But coat the nuggets only with a thin layer of breadcrumbs. You can replace the breadcrumbs by ground almonds. This will add a nutty flavor to the nuggets.
Source - http://www.food.com/recipe/fish-nuggets- 138331
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia