- 2 large, ripe, firm tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried mint or oregano
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ cup grated Greek kefalotyri or feta cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lop off a dime-size piece of the base of the tomato using a sharp knife. Grate the tomato from the base along the coarse side of an upright hand grater.
- In a 10-inch frying pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil and add the garlic. Cook for a minute or so, careful not to burn. Add the tomatoes. Cook them until all their water has cooked off and all that’s left is thick pulp, about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the eggs and herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Stir all together with a wooden spoon. Remove when the eggs are cooked to desired doneness, anywhere between 5 and 8 minutes.
- Transfer to serving plates and sprinkle with grated Greek kefalotyri cheese.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia