8 to 10 bread slices, whole wheat, brown, multi grain, oats or white bread
2 tbsp finely chopped onions/shallots
3 tbsp finely chopped tomatoes
¼ cup finely chopped capsicum/green bell pepper (you can also use a mix of all the three colored capsicum)
1 garlic, crushed or minced
80 grams cheese or ½ cup tightly packed grated cheddar cheese or paneer (can also use processed cheese or a mozzarella cheese or a mix of cheeses)
¼ tsp black pepper powder or crushed black pepper or as required
1 tsp dry oregano
1 tsp dry basil or ½ tbsp chopped basil leaves
Salt as required
Butter, salted or unsalted, as required
- In a bowl, add 2 tbsp finely chopped onions/shallots, 3 tbsp finely chopped tomatoes, ¼ cup finely chopped capsicum/green bell peppers.
- Add ½ cup tightly packed grated cheddar cheese or processed cheese.
- Add the seasonings - ¼ tsp black pepper powder or crushed black pepper, 1 tsp dry oregano, 1 tsp dry basil or ½ tbsp chopped basil leaves. Instead of basil you can also add chopped coriander or mint leaves. Use herbs which you have or the ones which you like. You can also use Italian seasoning.
- Mix everything. Check the taste and then add salt. Just a pinch or two is fine as cheese already has salt.
- Spread butter on the bread slices.
- Spoon the capsicum tomato filling on half of the slices.
- Cover with the remaining slices.
- Grill or toast the sandwiches in a Sunflame Healthy grill till golden and crisp. Keep the sandwich. When one side is browned, turn over carefully and roast the other side till golden and crisp.
- Spread some butter on top the sandwiches if you want.
- Serve cheese capsicum sandwiches with tomato ketchup or chili sauce.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia