- 10 sheets gullac
- 2 liter milk
- 500 gram sugar
- 2 table spoon rose water optional
- 10 grams vanilla powder optional
- 200 gram walnuts coarsely chopped
- 3 table spoon walnuts coarsely chopped
- 2 table spoon nuts coarsely chopped
- 1 table spoon grounded pistacchio
- 2 table spoon fresh strawberries sliced
- Put the milk and the sugar in a pot. Mix. Heat until it is warmer than luke warm. It should not boil.
- When the milk is warm enough and if you choose to use add the rose water or vanilla and mix.
- Use a wide enough tray or dish to prepare the dessert and place the first layer of gullac in it. Sprinkle with generous amount of milk spread and place another on top and do the same.
- When you have placed 4 sheets with milk mixture in between put half of the chesnuts and then put 2 more sheets again with milk mixture in between.
- Then put the remaining chesnuts. Then 4 more sheets with milky mixture again in between each sheet.
- Pour all over the remaining milk mixture. The gullac sheet on the top should be covered with milk.
- The dessert is ready. Put it in the fridge and wait until the mix is soaked up and the dessert is cools.
Before serving garnish according to your choice. Traditional garnish is pomogranate seeds, but any seasonal fruit will do; such as strawberries, cherries. Also additional walnuts, nuts, pistacchio will be a good garnish.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia