- 2 large onions
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 green chilies
- 3 tablespoons vegetable cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 pounds large prawns (also called tiger prawns)
- 3 tablespoons single cream
- Garnish: fresh coriander leaves
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Grind the onions, tomatoes, and green chilies into a fine paste in a food processor.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the paste. Fry for a minute.
- Add the ginger paste and garlic paste and fry for another minute.
- Add the garam masala, coriander, cumin, and the chili paste and cook until the oil begins to separate from it.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Add salt to taste.
- Add the prawns and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the fire and stir in the cream.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with jeera rice or plain boiled rice.