Ingredients For Malpua
Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Cardamom – 1, powdered
Cooking soda (Optional) – A pinch
Saffron – Few strands
Salt a pinch
Ghee or oil - To shallow fry
Ingredients for Rabri
Milk – 4 cups
Pistachios – 8
Sugar – 3 tbsp
To prepare rabri/ Rabdi
1. Boil milk in a broad vessel. Add sugar to it and put the flame to medium or low. Keep boiling and scrap the sides and mix in the malai layer that forms on the top.
2. Repeat this for every 2 minutes, In between add soaked, peeled and chopped pistachios.
3. Continue heating and repeat the same until the milk reduces and thickens. The colour of the milk will turn cream colour. As it cools down, the rabri will thicken, so switch off accordingly. Keep aside.
To prepare malpua
1. In a mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, fennel powder(optional), cardamom powder, salt and saffron, cooking soda if desired and mix well. Add water to form a medium thick batter.
2. Heat little oil or ghee to shallow fry, in a non stick pan. Add a big spoon full off batter in hot oil. Cook over medium flame. Splash over the hot oil over the malpuas as it gets cooked. Flip and cook until golden.
3. Repeat to finish the batter.
• Rabri should be prepared in medium or low flame. Take care not to put the flame high and make the milk get stuck and burnt at the bottom of the vessel.
• Nuts and sugar should be added less as mentioned , as it gets thickened later.
• I skipped both saffron and cooking soda in my malpua. Cooking soda, should be added very less, do not add more.
• Malpua too should be cooked in medium flame and heat should be constantly regulated accordingly.
Serve the malpuas hot. Crispy malpuas with rich rabri tastes great
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia
Source - http://www.rakskitchen.net/2015/08/malpua-recipe-with-rabri-malpua-with.html