oil as required
1 cup gram flour (besan)
1 big sized onion sliced thinly
1 t/s red chili powder
1 t/s coriander seed powder (dhaniya)
¾ th t/s carom seed (ajwain)
½ t/s turmeric powder
½ t/s dry powder (amchur)
a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
1 t/s baking soda (optional)
salt as required
water as consistency required
- Peel the onion and slice them as thin as you can.
- Sift the gram flour, water and mix all the spice powder and salt. Give a nice whisk and make a smooth, thick batter.
- Add the sliced onion if the batter is too thin then add some gram flour. If too thick batter then add some water.
- Place oil in a kadhai or a deep vessel. Once the oil is hot take a spoonful of the mixture and drop into the hot oil, leaving some space from each other.
- Don't cluster too many, fry few at a time.
- Once they are golden brown from both sides. Remove them with slotted spoon and place on absorbent napkins.
- Repeat the same with the rest of batter.
Source - http://www.flavorsofmumbai.com/kanda-bhaji-pav- recipe/
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia