350 g - white flour
200 g - mashed Cottage cheese /paneer chunks
1/2 tsp - Ginger paste
3/4 tsp - cumin powder
1/2 tsp - coriander powder
1/2 tsp - Turmeric powder
1 - medium-sized Tomato
1 - medium-sized Onions
100 g - Green peas (par boiled)
Red Chilli powder /grated Green chillies
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- For the paneer filling:
- Mash paneer chunks in a bowl of hot water.
- When it becomes an even mixture, keep it aside.
- Heat 4 tsp of oil in a pan.
- Fry chopped vegetables (onions, tomatoes, green peas).
- Add the ginger paste to it.
- Put the mashed paneer chunks into it.
- Add spices (cumin, coriander, turmeric and salt) to it.
- Add chilli powder /grated green chillies depending on how spicy you want it to be.
- Keep the mixture aside.
- Preparing the outer layer:
- Make a smooth dough with white flour, salt, oil and a little water.
- Roll into small rotis.
- Put a spoon of the paneer stuffing at the centre.
- Fold the rolled up dough halfway, again fold it.
- It will take the shape of a pyramid.
- Press the sides evenly so that the stuffing doesn't come out.
- Leave it in open air for some time to get firm.
- Deep-fry the samosa in oil till they become golden brown.
- Remove from oil and serve.
Source - http://www.bawarchi.com/recipe/paneer-samosa- oetlUvjejafef.html