- 1 cup poha/chidva (pressed rice)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup onions-chopped fine
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 2-3 whole red chilies
- 1/2 cup potatoes-diced small
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp green chilies-finely chopped or to taste
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Put poha in a colander and wash, not letting it soak too long in the water. Leave in the colander to drain out completely.
- Heat the oil in Sunflame Hard-Anodized Taper-Frypan and add the asafoetida, mustard seeds, curry leaves, onions and the whole red chilies.
- When onions are light brown, add potatoes, and turn around till they look a bit glossy.
- Add the turmeric and sauté over low heat till the potatoes are cooked through.
- Increase the heat, add salt and poha and mix well. Saute till mixed and heated through.
- Shut off the heat, and mix in the green c, lemon juice and half of the coriander.
- Transfer on to a serving dish, garnish with the rest of the coriander and lemon wedges and serve.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia