- 20-25 Jumbo prawns (deveined and cleaned)
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Gnger-garlic paste
- 1/2 Cup Curd
- 1/4 Cup Cream
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 3 Tomatoes (pureed)
- 1 Tbsp Chilli powder (Kashmiri chili powder)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Tandoori masala (for color) *optional
- In a bowl, mix lemon juice, salt, chilli powder and ginger-garlic paste.
- Add prawns and marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat butter in a kadai (pan) on Sunflame Crystam Nova 4B-SS. Add marinated prawns and cook for about 4-5 minutes until well cooked. Keep aside in another bowl.
- In the same kadai, take 2 Tbsp oil and add cumin seeds.
- When they sizzle, add chopped onions and saute for about 4-5 minutes until onions turn dark brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and fry for one minute until the mix turns aromatic.
- Make a puree of the tomatoes using a blender and add in the kadai.
- Mix well and cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes, until the mixture thickens.
- Add cream, curd and garam masala. Mix well, keep flame on low.
- Add cooked prawns, tandoori masala powder and salt to taste.
- Serve with rice or fresh made naan.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia