- White quinoa – 1 cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Ghee – 5 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Almond – 1 (silvered)
- Saffron strand – few
- Wash and soak quinoa in water for 3 to 4 hours. ( I soaked for 4 hours)
- Drain the water and add the quinoa in a blender. Grind it into a fine paste. (I added just 2 tbsp water while grinding) Transfer the ground mixture to a bowl.
- Now heat 2 tbsp ghee in a SUNFLAME TAPPER FRY PAN. Add the ground quinoa paste and stir it continuously to form a crumbled sticky mixture with slight change in color. While stirring add ¼ cup milk gradually. It took around 3 to 4 minutes for me.
- When you see the crumbled mixture you will get nice cooked aroma as well along with it at that stage add sugar and cardamom powder. Mix well and and the mixture will start to loosen a little.
- Now add ghee to it and mix well, now you will be able to get nice aromatic quinoa halwa cooked in ghee. Put off the flame and garnish it with sliced almonds and saffron strands. Serve it!
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia