- 1 teaspoon olive or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh baby spinach leaves, rinsed
- 1/2 cup fat-free egg product or 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 In 8-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onion and mushrooms to oil. Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Stir in spinach; continue cooking and stirring just until spinach wilts. Remove vegetables from pan to small bowl.
- 2 In medium bowl, beat egg product, water, salt and pepper with fork or whisk until well mixed. Reheat same skillet over medium-high heat. Quickly pour egg mixture into Sunflame Hard Anodised Tawa. While sliding pan back and forth rapidly over heat, quickly stir with spatula to spread eggs continuously over bottom of pan as they thicken. Let stand over heat a few seconds to lightly brown bottom of omelet. Do not overcook; omelet will continue to cook after folding.
- 3 Place cooked vegetable mixture over half of omelet; top with cheese. With spatula, fold other half of omelet over vegetables. Gently slide out of pan onto plate. Serve immediately.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia