1 Tbsp of vegetable oil
2 green plantains, sliced
4-5 new baby potatoes, cut in half
1 medium sweet potato, peeled & sliced
3-4 baby corns, sliced
2 tsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp brown sugar
20 gm pea eggplants
1 cup french beans, cut in half
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1 1/2 cup of water
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
200 ml coconut milk
A few lime leaves for garnish
Salt to taste
Ingredients for the Paste:
Juice of 1/2 a lime
2 cloves of garlic
2 tsp of vegetable oil
3 leaves of kaffir lime
1/2 a stalk of lemongrass
1 tsp of turmeric powder
1 tsp of coriander powder
1 tsp of roasted cumin powder
1 medium onion, cut into half
2 small pieces of galangal (Thai ginger)
A handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Grind all the ingredients for the paste together.
- Soak the sweet potatoes, small new potatoes and plantains in salted water for 10 mins, to prevent oxidization
- Then drain the water and season them with a pinch of salt and red chilli powder.
- Heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a pan and saute the seasoned veggies for about a minute.
- Add the freshly made paste and mix well till it coats the vegetables completely.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, give it a nice stir, cover and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Then add the sliced baby corn, coconut milk, rice wine vinegar and brown sugar. Mix well
- Next, add the pea eggplants, beans and frozen green peas.
- Stir well, add more water and let it cook till the gravy thickens.
- Garnish the curry with fine strips of Kaffir lime leaves.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Source: http://food.ndtv.com/recipe-yellow- thai-curry- 162882
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia